Your Professional Rock Chip Repair Team
If a rock has chipped your windshield or car windows, you may think you can put these repairs on hold. The only time that’s a good idea is if you want to replace your entire windshield. Chips can quickly turn into cracks if they aren’t properly repaired. This tendency becomes especially true during freeze/thaw cycles in the winter months. Get affordable rock chip repair in Portland and get moving. Our experienced team at Collision Auto Glass & Calibration can make it happen.
Why Should I Get My Chipped Windshield Repaired?
Improve your level of safety. A single crack or chip can compromise the structural integrity of your windshield. If a damaged windshield takes another hit in the same place from a sizable object, it may not absorb and deflect the impact as it should. This impact can cause the item to enter the cab and lead to bodily harm.
Drive legally. If a chip is obscuring your vision in any way, you may as well be driving with a bumper sticker that says, “pull me over.” There is not a clear legal precedent for a visual obstruction. This legal gray area means an officer can pull you over to confirm the obstruction, leaving you open to additional inspection.
Don’t get caught unaware. Under the right circumstances, a chip can quickly turn into a crack. Large cracks can be dangerous and illegal and impede your ability to operate your vehicle. Our services help keep a chip from spreading and help restore the protective properties of your windshield.
More Information About Our Rock Chip and Auto Glass Repair Services:
- Rock chip repair is sometimes a great alternative to a complete replacement.
- Also, most insurance companies will waive your deductible so that it may be FREE.
- Most rock chips or stars are repairable if they’re under the size of a quarter.
- We are unable to repair a rock chip if it falls in the direct line of the driver’s visual field.
- The sooner you get a rock chip repaired, the less likely it will spread.
- We offer discounts for multiple rock chips on the same windshield
- We only use state-of-the-art rock chip repair resin and adhesive, so it doesn’t break down from sunlight.
- Most rock chip repairs cost about $50.00 if we do it in-shop and $75.00 if our mobile services are used.
Call Ernie’s Garage When You Need a Windshield Repair Near Me!
There’s no reason to wait and every reason to choose our fast, affordable chip repair services. Don’t replace your windshield when you don’t have to. We make repairs easy throughout Portland and the surrounding areas and can come to you with our mobile auto glass services. Call or contact us today.