Rock Chip Repair
When a rock has chipped your windshield or other auto glass, you may think you can put these repairs on hold. The only time that’s a good idea is if you already want to replace your entire windshield. Chips can easily turn into cracks if they aren’t properly repaired. This tendency becomes especially true during freeze/thaw cycles in the winter months. Get affordable rock chip repair in Portland and get moving. The experts at Collision Auto Glass make it happen.
Why should I get my chipped windshield repaired?
Improve your safety. Chips can compromise the structural integrity of your windshield. If it takes another hit in the same place from a sizable object, the windshield may not absorb and deflect the impact as it should. This impact can cause the item to enter the cab and lead to bodily harm.
Drive legally. If a chip is obscuring your vision in any way, you may as well be driving with a bumper sticker that says, “Pull me over.” There is not a clear legal precedent for a visual obstruction. This legal gray area means an officer can pull you over to confirm the obstruction, leaving you open to additional inspection.
Don’t get caught unaware. Under the right circumstances, a chip can quickly turn into a crack. Large cracks can be dangerous, illegal, and impede your ability to operate your vehicle. Our services help keep a chip from spreading and help to restore the protective properties of your windshield.
Additional Chip Repair Benefits Include:
- Rock chip repair is sometimes a great alternative to replacing your windshield.
- Also, most insurance companies will waive your deductible so that it may be FREE to you.
- Most rock chips or stars are repairable if they’re under the size of a quarter.
- We are unable to repair a rock chip if it falls in the direct line of the driver’s visual field.
- The sooner you get a rock chip repaired, the less likely it will spread.
- We offer discounts for multiple rock chips on the same windshield
- We only use state-of-the-art rock chip repair resin, so it doesn’t break down from sunlight.
- The cost of most rock chip repairs is about $50.00 if we do it in-shop, and $75.00 if we go mobile to you.
Contact us today to repair your chipped windshield!
There’s no reason to wait and every reason to choose our fast, affordable chip repair services. Don’t replace your windshield when you don’t have to. We make repairs easy in Portland, and we can come to you. Call or contact us today.